[LTER-im] EDI Update November 2020

SUSANNE GROSSMAN CLARKE grossmanclar at wisc.edu
Thu Nov 19 08:56:58 PST 2020

[EDI logo]<https://environmentaldatainitiative.org/>ENVIRONMENTAL DATA INITIATIVE
https://environmentaldatainitiative.org
Follow EDI on Twitter: @EDIdatapackages<https://twitter.com/EDIdatapackages> and @EDIgotData<https://twitter.com/edigotdata>
Virtual Office Hours:<https://environmentaldatainitiative.org/edi-office-hours/> Wednesdays, 3-4PM ET
________________________________
NOVEMBER 2020

10 features of the EDI data repository you may not know about
Join us for this webinar on 24 November 2020 and learn about some cool tips and tricks of the EDI data repository, including 10 little known features and related services.
Register here><https://us02web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZMpd-ispzIoG9c-QnIf01z2Gy0XovSHx0ry>

2021 Fellowship Program
We are accepting applications from research projects and field stations interested in hosting an EDI fellow next Summer. Application Form<https://forms.gle/kbWpNXwi86JU6EiN8> - The deadline is Dec. 14.
Read more><https://environmentaldatainitiative.org/summer-fellowship-program/>

[https://mcusercontent.com/c258a774cbd4d34290410d1ea/images/1daa8a1f-8381-48ac-b27a-7e57d47d19d4.png]Which repository should I choose to publish my data?
Find an answer by joining three sessions - IN008<https://agu.confex.com/agu/fm20/meetingapp.cgi/Session/108926>, IN013<https://agu.confex.com/agu/fm20/meetingapp.cgi/Session/109009>, IN015<https://agu.confex.com/agu/fm20/meetingapp.cgi/Session/109014> - at the AGU Fall Meeting<https://www.agu.org/fall-meeting> (online everywhere, 1-17 Dec. 2020) on “Best Practices and Realities of Research Data Repositories: Which One Should I Choose to Publish My Data?”, co-chaired and co-convened by EDI’s Kristin Vanderbilt!
Read more about EDI at AGU ><https://environmentaldatainitiative.org/edi-at-agu2020/>

Featured Data Package

Data published by our 2020 summer fellows
Read more ><https://environmentaldatainitiative.org/fellow-published-data/>

FROM OUR PARTNERS

Stroud Water Research Center<https://stroudcenter.org/> seeks a full-time data analyst who will provide database management and statistical analyses to support freshwater research, education, watershed restoration, and administrative functions of the Stroud Center.
Read more ><https://stroudcenter.org/jobs/data-analyst/>

WEBINARS

For connection information, please check also out our website<https://environmentaldatainitiative.org/webinars-events/> and events calendar<https://environmentaldatainitiative.org/calendar/>.

  *   Nov. 24, 2020: 10 features of the EDI data repository you might not know about<https://environmentaldatainitiative.org/features-edi-repository/>. Register here<https://bit.ly/32WpyFA>.
  *   Dec. 15, 2020: Update on harmonizing meteorological and hydrological data in the EDI data repository<https://environmentaldatainitiative.org/harmonizing-metdata-edi/>. Register here<https://bit.ly/32UAJ1m>.

Please contact us at info at environmentaldatainitiative.org<mailto:info at environmentaldatainitiative.org> if you:

  *   have requests for a webinar topic.
  *   would consider an EDI data publishing workshop<https://environmentaldatainitiative.org/data-publishing-workshops/> at your institution.