[LTER-im] Databits

Porter, John H (jhp7e) jhp7e at virginia.edu
Fri Nov 6 08:23:02 PST 2020

The first Databits article of the new issue (Backing up data to AWS)  is now out.  We encourage you to contribute your own articles (to submit, email jhp7e at virginia.edu<mailto:jhp7e at virginia.edu> or enthusiast at utexas.edu<mailto:enthusiast at utexas.edu> ) or a Brief Site Byte (https://forms.gle/4UM88a6M885Tw5tP8).   Help us all out, and share what you know!

Marty Downs has set up a number of ways to access new Databits articles, including subscriptions, posting on pages, and even RSS feeds.  See her email below for details.

New articles will be posted as they are ready, and periodically assembled into "issues" for archival reference.

-John Porter & An T. Nguyen,  Databits co-editors

Hi John and An--
A couple of updates. We have a new, combined, newsletter subscription page<https://lternet.us12.list-manage.com/subscribe?u=d7494403ed9d8c97a5479f0d4&id=51157f4ed5> that includes DataBits. The DataBits page is here: https://lternet.edu/story_types/databits/ (also redirected from https://lternet.edu/databits/). As we complete more stories it will start to flesh out and look more substantial. I may reduce the size of the thumbnail images -- but I can't focus on it right now.

Getting them to run alongside the LTER DataResources<https://lternet.edu/using-lter-data/> page is easy. Getting them to run alongside the Committee page<https://lternet.edu/committees/information-management/> will still take a little while. It requires creating a new theme page.

Note that you can access a feed of DataBits stories (which some sites may want to add to their own IM pages) at https://lternet.edu/story_types/databits/feed

Cheers, Marty

--
John H. Porter