[LTER-im] Fwd: Announcing DataONE Community Calls

Renee F. Brown rfbrown at unm.edu
Tue Nov 3 11:30:09 PST 2020

Begin forwarded message:

From: Amber Budden <aebudden at nceas.ucsb.edu<mailto:aebudden at nceas.ucsb.edu>>
Subject: Announcing DataONE Community Calls
Date: November 2, 2020 at 9:04:17 AM MST
To: rfbrown at unm.edu<mailto:rfbrown at unm.edu>

  [EXTERNAL]

DataONE Community Call          Can't see images? Click here...<https://click.mlsend.com/link/c/YT0xNTQ1NzM3NDA0MzY5ODY3OTg5JmM9ejl5MCZlPTc1MDU2JmI9NDQ0ODM5NTU0JmQ9bThiNXc5dA==.kvekjZuptKoodeAS_Yq_mZITQDvN_xORg1n9TLbFfX4>
[https://bucket.mlcdn.com/a/1173/1173052/images/ddedbd3d82c054f14e5305a4e33cc31c7a1624ae.png/8a6525b4594732a90a7e826b8f25a61c881c3f95.png]

[https://bucket.mlcdn.com/a/1173/1173052/images/e99579b3a125bad1890616a00b154313b3d415a9.jpeg/5a1e1833044b4037c6b59d46dd1c3958983d88da.jpeg]
Announcing DataONE Community Calls

As a community informed and developed infrastructure, the DataONE program is launching monthly Community Calls to further build opportunities for development and promotion of shared approaches to research data management. Community Calls are an opportunity for discussion of DataONE infrastructure aligned activities, and topics are suggested by the community; focussing on issues that are central to data preservation and reuse for repositories, researchers, and others engaged in research data management. You can follow the orange links below to suggest topics, comment on current suggestions and help prioritize the order of future Community Calls via our GitHub repository.

Upcoming Community Call:

Extending the DataONE formats vocabulary

Thursday November 5th 2020 1700 UTC

To increase interoperability across the network, DataONE provides an object format service that provides a consistent vocabulary for the types of data and metadata objects that are available from repositories. Each data file or metadata file is associated with one of these object format identifiers, which provides our web interface and other client tools the information needed to properly process and parse the format. The object format vocabulary is extensible, and so we could review upcoming proposed extensions to the vocabulary, discuss the process for proposing extensions, and identify additional formats that would be useful. In addition, we could discuss whether the object format vocabulary should be modified to include URIs for each vocabulary term, and whether it should be published in RDF or OWL in a system like the ESIP Community Ontology Repository.

Learn More <https://click.mlsend.com/link/c/YT0xNTQ1NzM3NDA0MzY5ODY3OTg5JmM9ejl5MCZlPTc1MDU2JmI9NDQ0ODM5NTYwJmQ9eDBvMGo3eA==.H6JfZ_YogmRANWo2U3IV5chZpUwr5XYZVxt4lg7USjM>

Community Call Quick Facts

Day - Held monthly, on the first Thursday of each month

Time - Alternates monthly between 1700 and 2400 UTC to support global engagement. Check your time zone here<https://click.mlsend.com/link/c/YT0xNTQ1NzM3NDA0MzY5ODY3OTg5JmM9ejl5MCZlPTc1MDU2JmI9NDQ0ODM5NTYzJmQ9cTNqMmk5cw==.400O2-WN4b-n5sQasb4vcV5dK4ZbcTFEvg5znWU4NVA>

Video - Calls are recorded and posted online afterwards

Duration - Calls last one hour with approximately 15 minutes for presentation and 45 minutes for discussion

How to join - Remote access using Zoom

Post-webinar open forum - Related discussion managed through our GitHub Repository<https://click.mlsend.com/link/c/YT0xNTQ1NzM3NDA0MzY5ODY3OTg5JmM9ejl5MCZlPTc1MDU2JmI9NDQ0ODM5NTY2JmQ9dTNmN2g2YQ==.yIXgVic9F1_BzLQiWFixrTEt1FBrYBWK3TM-X0xpWdw>

Community Call Webpage <https://click.mlsend.com/link/c/YT0xNTQ1NzM3NDA0MzY5ODY3OTg5JmM9ejl5MCZlPTc1MDU2JmI9NDQ0ODM5NTcyJmQ9bzRlOXc1dA==.HLUrj37rBTG4kYMeZsx88FbvPVOun3tFXG8H7oAAoVM>
Community Call GitHub <https://click.mlsend.com/link/c/YT0xNTQ1NzM3NDA0MzY5ODY3OTg5JmM9ejl5MCZlPTc1MDU2JmI9NDQ0ODM5NTc4JmQ9bzF3MWIwaQ==.c6Mxhz7-ZMxwtc7tlIcJJ6VO0dpHgK7G3zBkEdURYcs>

Best Regards,
Amber Budden
Director of Learning and Outreach, NCEAS
Co-Lead DataONE
aebudden at nceas.ucsb.edu<mailto:aebudden at dataone.unm.edu>

SHARE<https://click.mlsend.com/link/c/YT0xNTQ1NzM3NDA0MzY5ODY3OTg5JmM9ejl5MCZlPTc1MDU2JmI9NDQ0ODM5NTgxJmQ9eTlmNnYwag==.ktHQIzZ3IFd3NnBxNdgQ_qYhvE2UUTlfsbzAi7Pl7tc>                     TWEET<https://click.mlsend.com/link/c/YT0xNTQ1NzM3NDA0MzY5ODY3OTg5JmM9ejl5MCZlPTc1MDU2JmI9NDQ0ODM5NTg3JmQ9ZDljNm03eA==.ynCWtS1vOEHHI0XZCiwhk88ADMgVc2Cm61aZvwpv9lM>                     FORWARD<https://click.mlsend.com/link/c/YT0xNTQ1NzM3NDA0MzY5ODY3OTg5JmM9ejl5MCZlPTc1MDU2JmI9NDQ0ODM5NTkzJmQ9ejdnMWkxbA==.o6thUnD286Kt1kr_zHkf06wkDZGFSY_I-7NfpK1N0tA>

You received this email because you signed up on our website, are a member of the DataONE Community Group or registered for a DataONE sponsored activity.

www.DataONE.org<https://click.mlsend.com/link/c/YT0xNTQ1NzM3NDA0MzY5ODY3OTg5JmM9ejl5MCZlPTc1MDU2JmI9NDQ0ODM5NjAyJmQ9bTNiM3U5ag==.aKbDKM31s7DzF1J3uCQXfk0FD4VSR7h0k1adnm3oZN8>