[LTER-im] April IMC Water Cooler is Coming!

Jason Downing jpdowning at alaska.edu
Thu Mar 19 10:20:16 PDT 2020

Greetings to the IMC!

The IMEXEC crew met this week and we had a couple of items in preparation
for the next VWC that we had to share.  First, we are preparing the IMC
annual report for the LTER Science Council which is due next month.  New
this year is a request from the council that we provide them with any
"specific questions or problems on which we would like to receive feedback
from the LTER Science Council".  We are asked to limit it to one or two
high priority items with appropriate background information.  We would like
to get input from the whole committee so please think about this and either
email your thoughts to IMEXEC or come prepared to share them at the start
of the upcoming VWC.  Here is some additional guidance from the report
template that might be helpful.

This might include questions such as:

   -

   How to prioritize efforts in various areas
   -

   How strong PI interest is in different types of cross-site activities
   -

   What kinds of changes or activities would draw PI interest in committee
   involvement?
   -

   Are PIs aware of specific programs or resources that the committee
   should capitalize on?

The other item is the topic for that next water cooler.  In April we would
like to have another installment of our I.M.K.E. series and have a
discussion of site website systems.  The format would be to have several
short presentations by different IMs that present a variety of system and
software designs to provide web based information and services.  To that
end I am looking for a few volunteers that would be willing to share their
web architecture (especially if you have some unique, novel or otherwise
notable feature) so please contact me if you would be willing. Nudge, wink!

Jason & Crew

--
Jason Downing
Bonanza Creek LTER Information Manager