[LTER-im] Annual IMC Meeting Update

Renee F. Brown rfbrown at unm.edu
Mon Jun 8 16:11:14 PDT 2020

Hi all,

Please read this entire message, as it contains important information on how to register for the ESA & ESIP meetings.

Following up on my previous email (included below) and the announcements I made during today’s meeting (recording will soon be available in the Google Drive), I’ve included the link (at the bottom of this message) to fill out the information needed by LNO in order to process everyone’s registration fees to both the ESA and ESIP meetings. As I mentioned on the call, LNO will be handling registrations for one IM representative from each site to each meeting. This means no paying out of pocket and no reimbursements!

IM Exec strongly encourages participation from all LTER sites in both meetings! If you are the IM rep and can’t attend one or both meetings this year, please consider finding another interested party at your site who can represent the LTER IMC. ESIP is especially thrilled to hear we will be able to participate and encourages submissions to the virtual poster/demo showcase (you can indicate this during registration). Be creative. For example, this person could be someone from your IM team, a student, or an aspiring early-career researcher with strong data skills and interests. This is a wonderful opportunity for our community to attend and participate in two great meetings!

For ESA, all that is needed is the participant’s name, contact info, and ESA membership status. For ESIP, we ask you to list the participant’s name and indicate when they have filled out their registration form. From ESIP: Each participant should register at http://www.cvent.com/d/2nqw4m/4W by 7/1 if possible. When registering, please have each select Registration Type "Partner Rate" and then enter the discount code LTER (all caps) at the final payment step just before submitting the registration form. This will allow them to register without paying and it will help us keep track in our system of how much to invoice. You can also let folks know if you haven't already that more info about the meeting, including the agenda, can be found at https://2020esipsummermeeting.sched.com/.

We will soon begin a second spreadsheet containing sessions of particular interest to the LTER IMC.

Meeting Registration Spreadsheet Link<https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1iNp3RduI3Te6z_s5mqEEC_iEUAWD3T0M-puIm85YaMg/edit?usp=sharing>

Renée

—
Renée F. Brown
Information Manager, McMurdo Dry Valleys LTER
University of New Mexico Department of Biology
Albuquerque, NM 87131 USA
rfbrown at unm.edu<mailto:rfbrown at unm.edu>

—