[LTER-im] LTER at ESA

Marty Downs downs at nceas.ucsb.edu
Thu Jul 30 08:55:28 PDT 2020

Dear LTER information managers,

The list of LTER and EDI related talks at ESA is now available, here:
https://lternet.edu/stories/lter-at-esa-2020/.

The ESA meeting program is now available here:
https://eco.confex.com/eco/2020/meetingapp.cgi/Home/0. You can browse, mark
favorites, and add talks to your schedule with a free login, but only
r*egistered
attendees* will be able to view content starting *Monday, August 3*.

If the LNO paid for your registration, then ESA created an account for you
with a random password. You will need to login (top left of the program
page) using the email that was used to register. You can then reset your
password using the "forgot password" option.

It's also possible that you can simply login using your last name and the
registration number from your confirmation. We've received conflicting
information from ESA on that count.

Either way, there will be a lot of people trying to login on Monday
morning, so it probably makes sense to login before then, reset your
password, and add any live sessions that you want to attend to your
calendar..

It looks like it will be a great meeting for IMs -- and the talks and
posters will be accessible to registered participants for the next year.
However, many of the symposia and organized sessions have live discussion
periods associated with them. They are assuming you have watched the talks
first, so I am prioritizing my viewing by choosing which discussions I want
to attend and watching those talks first.

The data help desk also has a series of live discussions. The calendar for
those can be found here:
https://www.idigbio.org/wiki/index.php/ESA_2020_Data_Help_Desk

Finally, remember that the times listed in the program are Eastern Daylight
Time. When you add events to your calendar, be sure they get translated to
your own timezone.

Happy conferencing -- and remember the lter slack community for chatting
about talks, follow-up, etc.

Cheers,
Marty

--
Marty Downs (she/her/hers) ORCID <https://orcid.org/0000-0003-2833-956X>
Director, LTER Network Office

 LTERNET.edu <https://twitter.com/USLTER> | LTER Zotero
<https://www.zotero.org/groups/2055673/lter_network/library> | LTER Twitter
<https://twitter.com/USLTER> | LTER YouTube
<https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsyi2-kL_cTcm6FOnek-bRA>

*~ It is sometimes convenient for me to send email on evenings
and weekends. *
*Please do not feel obligated to respond outside of your normal working
hours ~*