[LTER-im] VWC - Next generation climate and hydrology database -- Monday January 13th at 12 pm PST / 3 pm EST

Jason Downing jpdowning at alaska.edu
Tue Jan 7 12:47:17 PST 2020

Greetings and Happy New Year to All,

Next Monday we will be having our regular monthly water cooler with a
discussion about the forthcoming RFC concerning the next generation climate
and hydrology database.  The working group has vetted this proposed plan of
action and would like to get feedback before having our rep (Dan) present
the final recommendation to the EB.  IMEXEC feels that the feedback from
our 2018 all-site survey was positive for harmonized climate and hydrology
datasets and with the IMC recommendation of this proposed approach
developed by the WG.  We regard this contribution to CUAHSI as a value
added approach and an opportunity to use existing cooperative services and
common tools for better distributing data.  Please take some time to read
of the RFC before we meet next week.

We would also like to invite other contributors to the old CLIMDB and
HYDRODB systems to participate in this discussion and provide their
feedback on the proposed RFC.  Our colleges at organizations like the USFS
who have a history with this system are welcome to join in our discussion
so please forward this message to other interested parties.

Here is the cleaned-up RFC:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1krnV9Cl6jpT38FYQzRowJzxDCU8RE2V1FcJovHHiJ8U/edit#heading=h.tvoevv5b8dw8

Connection Information:

Monday January 13th  at 12 pm PST / 3 pm EST

Join from PC, Mac, Linux, iOS or Android: https://ucsb.zoom.us/j/419931872

Or Telephone:
US: +1 646 876 9923 or +1 669 900 6833
Meeting ID: 419 931 872