[LTER-im] Personnel request questions

Marty Downs downs at nceas.ucsb.edu
Thu Feb 14 11:29:38 PST 2019

Sharing this answer with other IM's who may be facing some of the same
questions. If you are not the person at your site who is dealing with this
request, please pass it along to whoever is.

Hi Don,
Thanks for tackling it.
1) Please retain (if you still have them) the institution and email address
that you had at the time former members were associated with the LTER.
We're not expecting you to track down current addresses, though if you have
them, it would be helpful. We would like to keep track of former graduate
students and investigators (it's one way of showing our influence in the
field) and that information will at least give us a starting point.
2) Year of thesis is expected for PhD students and investigators. It will
be a private field (not displayed in the directory) that is used to keep
track of early career investigators. It doesn't apply for Master's students
and you can leave it blank.
3) The categories of full, partial, and no support apply either currently
or at the last time the person was associated with your LTER site. So -- if
a student received full support for a few years of their PhD work at an
LTER site and they are now an associated investigator receiving partial
support, you would choose partial support. It's not a perfect system, but
it will at least help us to document that most "LTER investigators"
actually receive little or no financial support.

Thanks,
Marty

--
Marty Downs (she/her/hers)
Deputy Director, LTER Network Communications Office

https://lternet.edu
LTER Science Update
<http://us12.campaign-archive.com/?u=d7494403ed9d8c97a5479f0d4&id=9c0b9b36a4>

downs at nceas.ucsb.edu