[LTER-im] Databits - Spring 2019 Call for Papers!

Porter, John H (jhp7e) jhp7e at virginia.edu
Fri Feb 1 13:13:26 PST 2019

Dear fellow IM's,

"Databits" is the newsletter for environmental information management (https://lternet.edu/?taxonomy=document-types&term=databits).

The time has come for the Spring 2019 issue of Databits to be forged! We'd like to have your articles etc. by the Ides of March (15 March 2019) for release before the spring SC meeting.

First we would like every site to give us a "Site Byte" - a brief summary of recent highlights, challenges and future directions. They don't need to be long or detailed - just the highlights that you'd like to share with fellow ecological information managers.  We've set up a Google Form for submitting yours at: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdJrH7fAbjhBjSieevsdgqbRbyrxbM0844-hGzSJ3PFATE7qw/viewform?usp=sf_link

We would welcome contributions in all areas of environmental information management including feature articles, Tech Tips, reviews of books or articles and commentaries

We would especially appreciate articles in the following areas.

  *   Accomplishments and history of information management
  *   Developing Community standards
     *   Data standards
     *   Common language
     *   Annotating
  *   To Server or less
     *   Server vs serverless
     *   Adopting cloud services
     *   Dealing with compliance and security
     *   Backup and recovery
  *   Challenges and Solutions for New IM Systems
  *   Challenges for the network or community
     *   What do we need to ready for
     *   The missing piece in information management
     *   Why the heck don’t they just....

Articles can be submitted as Google Docs, Word or LaTeX documents by emailing them (or a link to them) to: jporter at virginia.edu<mailto:jporter at virginia.edu>

Thanks!

John Porter & Sven Bohm