[LTER-im] IMC September VWC on September 10th at 12 pm PDT / 3 pm EDT

Remillard, Suzanne suzanne.remillard at oregonstate.edu
Tue Sep 4 18:13:14 PDT 2018

Dear IMs,

Date: Monday, September 10th at 12 pm PDT/3 pm EDT
Topic: Review and discussion of visioning topics and questions for NSF
Connection: https://ucsb.zoom.us/j/8058932071

In our final VWC before our annual IMC meeting on September 30th, we will review and discuss our ideas on visioning topics and questions for NSF.  We anticipate several NSF officers from the LTER Working Group attending our meeting for a 4 pm (PDT) session.  Our visioning discussion will be a 90 minute breakout where we discuss various topics within small groups and then report back to the whole group.

IM-Exec (mainly Stevan) has prepared a couple of documents for your review before the VWC on Monday.  These were originally embedded in our proposed agenda, but we have pulled them out as separate documents.

IMC Visioning Breakout Topics:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1gBB6pXqGXt_4JeZaCSAIaBjp3r3fVlN_LM2mf20YyEE/edit

Proposed questions to NSF:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Clrp1pZA9hspiDSc0rU1uHxwpyRO9VfmZzSCRR9T7LI/edit

A couple other announcements:

Draft agenda:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1MzXQ7cDdN0AIXicbmYEdHaBxfmdDrvE7TNOCGsnyQiQ/edit

I will be making reservations soon at the Fishwife for Saturday, September 29th.  If you have not indicated your interest in attending, please do so soon.

Finally, our October VWC, which will be the week after our annual IMC meeting and where we will debrief from our meeting, is scheduled for Monday, October 8th, which is Columbus Day, a federal holiday.  We are planning to move it to Tuesday, October 9th at 12 pm PDT/3 pm EDT.  The other option is to move it to Monday, October 15th.  Please let me know if October 9th is not good for you.

See you around the water cooler!

Suzanne