[LTER-im] Call for Nominations for LTER IMC

Gastil Gastil-Buhl gastil.gastil-buhl at ucsb.edu
Tue Sep 4 15:09:38 PDT 2018

Dear LTER site IMs,

This is the formal call for nominations for LTER IMC positions up for
election at our annual meeting on Sunday September 30th.

Open positions:
* IMC Chair (or co-chairs)
* IM Exec members
* DataBits Editor and Assistant Editor

A page is provided for nominees to IM-Exec to provide statements concerning
their reasons for being willing to serve:
   http://im.lternet.edu/news/meetings/2018/nominee_statements
If you are unfamiliar with adding content to that site, you may ask me.
(That is our old site but still in use for some things.)

Although nominations will be accepted as late as the day of the meeting,
that happens rarely. I am pleased to see we already have several who have
agreed to be nominated. So at least the IM Exec positions will be a
contested election.

Each LTER site has one vote to cast. If your site will not be represented
in person at the meeting this year we will make provision for remote
anonymous ballots. Please inform me if this applies to your site.

Thank you,
Gastil