[LTER-im] Fwd: New informational check released for EDI==My Interest in the development of EML

Eda C. Melendez-Colom edacorreo at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 13 12:31:38 PDT 2018

Ah... Now I get it! Thanks for clarifying Margaret.
The thing for me with this EML best practices is that although I may have read it once, it just does not stick because, as you know, LUQ has a module that produces our EML data sets packages on the fly. Once evaluated in PASTA, I just deal with fixing the metadata and data in my system such that PASTA accepts the package.
So, EML becomes transparent to me until I am curious about any changes that may effect our DEIMS module.

Our DEIMS group decided to keep the current version of DEIMS for the following 2 years. The ILTER group also use the current version and I would like to coordinate with them when making an effort to upgrade DEIMS in the future.
This means that I am interested in any progress in the development of EML that may happen.
Thank you for keeping us posted.
EDA

Eda Celina Meléndez ColomLUQ Information ManagerDepartment of Environmental Sciences
Natural Science Department
University of Puerto RicoRío Piedras CampusTel (787) 764-0000, Ext. 888225