[LTER-im] mark your calendars for the 2019 IMC meeting

Stevan Earl stevan.earl at asu.edu
Thu Dec 20 15:54:41 PST 2018

Hello LTER Information Managers,

We would like to thank those of you who were able to participate in our
recent water cooler for your thoughtful and helpful comments about planning
for our 2019 IMC meeting. For those of you who were not able to join us, we
have been considering several options for our 2019 meeting, including
hosting our IMC meeting in conjunction with the ESIP summer meeting or with
AGU, or holding the IMC meeting independently at a LTER site as has been
done many times in the past (please see this
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1kp-DrgrQcgofLp4ZtNM48VX5iTydoU0mTvVFrN65FQU/edit>
document for some details). Many other excellent suggestions, such as
hosting the meeting in conjunction with the ESIP winter meeting, were also
discussed during the water cooler. Though each of these options has
strengths and weaknesses, sentiment and favorable logistics seem to favor
hosting our 2019 IMC meeting in conjunction with the ESIP summer meeting in
Tacoma, Washington. We will move forward with this option, but please do
not hesitate to contact a member of IM Exec if you have any strong
reservations about this decision. We will begin preparing for the meeting
in earnest, and look forward to input from you about what you would like to
see and do during the meeting. In the meantime, please keep your calendars
free for the July 15-19 meeting dates.

Thank you again, and we look forward to working with you to craft a
rewarding and producive meeting.

Regards,
Stevan (on behalf of the IM Exec)

--
*Stevan Earl*
Information Manager, Central Arizona–Phoenix LTER

P.O. Box 875402 | Tempe, Arizona | 85287-5402
PH: 480-965-1851 | Main: 480-965-2975