[LTER-im] Eda and LUQ are fine, as of Friday

Wade Sheldon sheldon at uga.edu
Mon Sep 18 10:11:29 PDT 2017

Gastil,

Good to hear about LUQ! Thanks for the update.

We weren't as lucky at GCE, though. Irma didn't get too close to the GA coast, but the 1.5m storm surge hit us on a spring high tide, and we got  a couple of feet of water in all the 1st floor labs and offices at the marine institute. Power is back on, but we're a long way from normal with lots of reconstruction and repairs required. I'll be down this week doing triage on the campus network and getting the admin office computers moved to a temporary location in the main lab, but things are at least functional and we're getting our near-real-time data. Yuck!

Wade Sheldon
GCE