[LTER-im] Web Site/Communications Survey

Marty Downs downs at nceas.ucsb.edu
Tue Sep 12 09:44:43 PDT 2017

Dear LTER Site Information Managers,

A working group of the information management committee and the
communications committee are reviewing and refreshing the guidelines for
LTER web sites. The survey below is intended to help the committee
understand the current practices and communications priorities across the
LTER Network.

Many of the questions on the survey are straightforward technical questions
 and should be quick to answer -- but some concern the communications
priorities of your LTER site and will require consultation with the PI,
communications personnel, and/or the site leadership team. I've attached a
pdf of the survey questions so that you can discuss them with others at
your site before completing the survey.
*Survey link: https://goo.gl/forms/GBwN4ZW4PtDN2Ki23
<https://goo.gl/forms/GBwN4ZW4PtDN2Ki23>*

*Please complete one survey per site by Friday, September 29. *

PI's -- please have a look at the attached pdf and consider especially
questions 3, 15, 16, 24 and 25 in preparation.

We appreciate the time that goes into this and think that it will provide
truly valuable feedback for developing the communications resources and web
presence of the Network.

On behalf of the the Web Guidelines Committee

Marty Downs, Mary Martin (co-chairs)
Emery Boose, Mike Gooseff, Jill Haukos, John Porter, Suzanne Remillard, Kristin
Vanderbilt, Mark Watkins

*Marty Downs*
--
Marty Downs