[LTER-im] new to the LTER-IM community

Remillard, Suzanne suzanne.remillard at oregonstate.edu
Tue Oct 10 11:14:04 PDT 2017

Hi Chris,

Welcome to the LTER community!  Your name shows up on the LTER Site Contact list for NGA, so I imaging that you are already on the im at lternet.edu<mailto:im at lternet.edu> mailing list.  This summer we met Rob Bochenek, who presented the NGA Information Management System at our annual meeting and provided some interesting background information.

As a community, we hold monthly Virtual Water Cooler (VWC) sessions.  They are typically the 2nd Tuesday of the month, but since this past Monday was a Federal Holiday, we decided to move this month’s VWC to Monday, October 16th.  These are held at 12 pm PT/3 pm ET.  An email will go out this week with the connection information, but we’ve been using this Zoom.  I will forward you the most recent email.

Additionally, the Environmental Data Initiative (EDI), the newly formed group that provides informatics support and data archive, holds weekly training sessions and other workshops.  Please visit their webpage for more information: https://environmentaldatainitiative.org/

The LTER IM Community relies on an elected executive committee (IMEXEC) to coordinate and guide activities.  This committee meets monthly and provides meeting notes.  Additionally, there are often several active working groups working on specific focused tasks or products.  At next Monday’s VWC, we will hear from the group tasked with revising our governance bylaws following the significant LTER organizational changes over the past several years.

Hope you can join us around the water cooler!

Sincerely, Suzanne
Andrews Forest LTER
LTER IMEXEC Member