[LTER-im] USGS HydroDB harvests

Wade Sheldon sheldon at uga.edu
Fri Jun 23 14:23:41 PDT 2017

Hi everyone,

For sites participating in the USGS harvesting service for HydroDB, you should have received harvest reports today for the first time in a while. Unbeknownst to me the ClimDB/HydroDB server was changed to require HTTPS some months back, so the harvest requests from our system were silently dying after MATLAB received a 301 HTTP error code (permanent redirect). Too much error trapping combined with too little alerting on my part. Sorry for not catching that sooner.

The harvester program is now revised to use SSL connections for interactions with the ClimbDB/HydroDB server (as well as USGS). The data have been pooling up on our server, so this should have caught everyone up. Let me know if you spot any irregularities.

I know the fate of this resource is still to be discussed, but this will help get the streamflow data current prior to any mothballing or conversion to EDI data sets that is done.

Wade Sheldon
GCE-LTER

--

  Wade M. Sheldon