[LTER-im] Intro to the VCR LTER Information Management System

Kristin Vanderbilt krvander at fiu.edu
Wed Jun 21 11:41:28 PDT 2017

Dear EDI-affiliated Information Managers:

Dr. John Porter (VCR LTER Information Manager) will be giving a presentation and answering questions via VTC about the VCR’s information management system on Wednesday, June 28 at 12 pm PDT (1 pm MDT, 2 pm CDT, 3 pm EDT).  Specifically, he’ll be covering the software and workflow he uses for acquiring and ingesting metadata and data into the VCR information management system, generating EML, and creating the local data catalog.  John will also touch on how he manages streaming sensor data. There will be plenty of time for questions about these and other aspects of information management at VCR LTER.

This is the second in a series of talks organized by EDI where experienced IM's share how they approach common tasks that most IMs likely need to accomplish for their researchers.  We aim is for our IM community to converge on some common methods and tools so that we can avoid having 28 unique solution to the same IM challenge.

Connection information will be sent out before the VTC.

Sincerely,

Kristin

Kristin Vanderbilt, Ph.D.
Information Manager
Florida Coastal Everglades LTER Program
OE 148, Florida International University
University Park
Miami, Florida 33199