[LTER-im] Fw: New Version of IMS Guidelines: Please Review for Feb. 13 VTC

Gastil Gastil-Buhl gastil.gastil-buhl at ucsb.edu
Wed Feb 8 10:24:57 PST 2017

Hi Ken,

Refering to this page:
https://lternet.edu/policies/data-access

and this part of the text near the top:
"Type I – data are to be released to the general public according to the
terms of the general data use agreement (see Section 3 below) within 2
years from collection and no later than the publication of the main
findings from the dataset and,..."

The reference to a "Section 3" refers to the section under the heading
"General Data Use Agreement" in bold, lower down. I do not know why that is
called "Section 3". Perhaps in an earlier typesetting there were 3
sections.

EB has not approved any changes to data policy since 2005. In 2013 EB
reaffirmed this policy. This is the same wording as years past. However, it
is anticipated that this year EB will be asked to revisit data policy.

Gastil