[LTER-im] Fw: New Version of IMS Guidelines: Please Review for Feb. 13 VTC

Ken Ramsey kramsey at jornada-vmail.nmsu.edu
Wed Feb 8 09:59:10 PST 2017

Hi Kristin,

In reviewing the document you sent, I went to the LTER Data Policies web page to review it, too. I discovered that the data policies have changed over time, probably due to changes in the web page itself and not an intentional omission of content.

I found '(see Section 3 below)' within the Type I data definition, but cannot find section 3 or any discussion of the 2 year data release policy. I thought that section described that the time period depended on QA of the data in addition to publication of main findings.

This was definitely an issue during the JRN site review last year. I am not sure we want to revisit the data policies, but it would be nice if the content of the data policies do not change without the knowledge of the IMC. This has been an issue in the past with the EB changing the IM Site Review Criteria in the past without IMC understanding of the impacts of the changes (e.g., no longer requiring a link on the site websites named 'Data'.

How do we get Section 3 back?

Ken

>>> Kristin Vanderbilt <krvander at fiu.edu> 2017-02-08 09:52 AM >>>
Apparently no one got this when I sent it out on Monday, so I'm trying to send it again......