[LTER-im] November 2016 Virtual Water Cooler at Nov 14, noon pacific, 1pm mountain, 2pm central, 3pm eastern

Yang Xia yangx at ksu.edu
Mon Nov 14 06:17:45 PST 2016

Hi All,
Just a quick reminder that we will have our usual monthly water cooler today at noon pacific, 1pm mountain, 2pm central, 3pm eastern.

We’ll use zoom at the same link for all our watercoolers:
https://ucsb.zoom.us/j/322175707
Or iPhone one-tap (US Toll):  +16465588656,322175707# or +14086380968,322175707#
Or Telephone: Dial: +1 646 558 8656 (US Toll) or +1 408 638 0968 (US Toll)
 Meeting ID: 322 175 707

Today we will discuss the option of next year annual meeting. No funding was included in the LNCO budget to support an LTER IMC meeting in 2017, so we will have to look for other opportunities to meet next year. Two good options are the ESA meeting in Portland, OR (Aug 6-11) and the ESIP meeting in Bloomington, IN (Jul 24-28). EDI is planning activities in conjunction with both of these meetings, therefore some funding may be available for participant support. The DataOne Users Groups will also meet in conjunction with ESIP.

Please attend today's VWC so we can discuss whether to plan a limited IMC meeting in conjunction with one or both of these conferences. We will also discuss whether there's sufficient interest in proposing our own LTER-focused training workshop at ESA, because session proposals are due this Thursday (http://www.esa.org/portland/workshops/#.WCm1TySo_XV).

Thanks and talk to you soon!

Yang Xia
Konza Prairie LTER Information Manager
Division of Biology