[LTER-im] Does LTER leave copyright up to the individual researchers?

Eda C. Melendez-Colom edacorreo at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 1 09:26:15 MST 2016

Hi Jonathan,
LUQ has a copyright general statement. See the footer on http://luq.lternet.edu/.
We also have a disclaimer, acknowledgement and a user data user's agreement. See:
http://luq.lternet.edu/user-agreement
...this is closely related to the data management prolicy (http://luq.lternet.edu/informationmanagement/datapolicy)
When the author wants to place additional restrictions on a data set, this have to be in accordance with the policy, which covers exceptions (Data Type II). A statement explaining this should be placed somewhere in the Metadata of the corresponding data set.
I am not 100% certain but I think LNO used to have a document suggesting how a copyright statement should look like.
I hope this is what you are looking forand help you somehow .
EDA

Eda C. Melendez Colom Information Manager LTER Program University of Puerto Rico Tel. (787) 764-0000 (1-4943) Fax (787) 772 -1481