[LTER-im] MATLAB script inclusion?

Wade Sheldon sheldon at uga.edu
Tue Feb 23 10:22:13 MST 2016

Jonathan,

Those are very different things. The "analyze with R, ..." links on the portal will generate a script in the respective language, based on the parsing the EML, that will load and analyze dataTable entities. So that's a link to John Porter's StatProg service the he and I collaborated on, and Duane incorporated in the portal. Those are meant for end-users to run to load your data into their own environment for inspection or analysis.

What I think you're talking about is providing a download to accompany the data the includes the original processing script. If that's your goal you could include that as an otherEntity, and describe it accordingly. We've started to do that for very-involved grad student data sets with lots of derived tables and specialized analytical products (e.g. http://dx.doi.org/10.6073/pasta/60f8792eb27cd2bd2debaf7e93a6c4f9 entity 44).

Wade