[LTER-im] Last and Omitted part LUQ Lightning Talk: LUQ's shrimp video smash

Eda C. Melendez-Colom edacorreo at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 22 12:39:54 MDT 2016

Hi,
First, I must say that it was a pleasure to see you all at the Annual meeting in Sta. Bárbara.
In my lightning talk, I wanted to tell you about a LUQ very own video on shrimps featured by LUQ co-PI Allan Covich but I thought I was not going to have the time to mention it.

My message her has to do with innovative scientists efforts and the way we, as information managers, could serve this community as PR:
Freshwaters Illustrated created the video, featuring Dr. Alan Covich.

It was originally published on:
http://luq.lternet.edu/ : LUQ Home page "Research Highlight" section
https://www.facebook.com/%20luquillo.lter/?pnref=story : LUQ Facebook

The amazing thing was that in less than a week this video had the following hits stats in our facebook page:
58 comments, 2.1k shares and 75k views!!!!
At present it has:

78K View698 Likes2,226 shares59 Comments
This certainly shows the importance of the social media and how we, IM can assist the scientific community in making their work visible to the not necessarily scientific public!
EDA
 Eda C. Melendez Colom
 Information Manager
 LTER Program