[LTER-im] IM Annual Meeting Lightning Talks reminder

Jonathan Walsh walshjcaryinstitute at gmail.com
Mon Aug 8 10:49:13 MDT 2016

Hi Folks,

Here is a link to the Lightning Talks sign-up sheet.  The lightning talks
are supposed to be lively and fun.

If you're nervous about giving a talk, keep in mind these are just 3 to 5
minutes so it's easy.

If you think you don't have anything to say I can help you with ideas.
Aside from the talking points I listed previously, here are some other
ideas:

   - Ask a question.
   - Invite people to collaborate on a project or idea
   - Inform us of a new idea you have
   - Talk about something that we should watch out for
   - Tell a little story.  We all have stories and we all like stories!
   - Show some pictures.
   -
   - Talk for just a few minutes about how you really aren't much for
   lightning talks

If you think you are a bad speaker, you're probably not, and like I said,
it's over with in a few minutes anyway!

Cheers!

Jonathan

--
Jonathan Walsh
Information Manager, Baltimore Ecosystem Study
E: WalshJ at caryinstitute.org