[LTER-im] Fw: Re: [LTER-im-rep] Volunteer needed

Fox Peterson fox at tinybike.net
Mon Sep 7 21:24:52 MDT 2015

Hi Eda (and others),

My notes (although not yet from the final day) are located in our LTER
GitHub Organization Repository, here: https://github.com/lter/LTERIM
<https://github.com/lter/LTERIM>. It would be super if more people
contributed!

I have not yet finished my updates/responding to emails as I was taking the
labor day weekend off :), but it's on the queue to get out tomorrow morning.

To contribute your notes you need to set up as a free user on GitHub, but
if you want to simply view the notes or other parts of any repository, you
can see them on GitHub.com -- they will render in your browser. As a GitHub
user, you can fork the repository (basically make a tracking copy on your
local computer) and contribute your own notes to that local repository,
then push it up to GitHub. Several IM's are on GitHub, and we/they are
notified by email when new information is committed, so we can perform a
safe merge into the main repository.

If you're interested in this, but don't want to go the command line route,
there are "GUIs" for GitHub available for the three main OS's-- Windows,
Mac, and Linux. I think Visual Studio 2015 also has built in GitHub support
(maybe need to use WebMatrix to install packages, though?)

If it would be helpful, I'm willing to help any of you set up as a user on
GitHub, or to use the git-svn bridge to use an existing subversion user to
interact with the LTER repository. I'll be at work normal times all this
upcoming week except Wednesday, so you can call the number below and I'll
walk you through it.

Oh yes, if privacy is an issue there is a private option for repositories.
I think there is a cost to doing this, though, but I do not think it is too
high.

Fox

On Sun, Sep 6, 2015 at 10:10 AM, Eda C. Melendez-Colom <edacorreo at yahoo.com>
wrote:

> I meant to do a "reply-all" for volunteering in doing this. Sorry. Please
> read the bellow message where I inquire for a private documents repository.
>
> Also, I suggest to have two volunteers to do this. One that does the
> actual collection of the votes (for example I) and another that double
> checks the process.
>
> EDA
>
> Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
> ------------------------------
> *From*:"Eda C. Melendez-Colom" <edacorreo at yahoo.com>
> *Date*:Sun, Sep 6, 2015 at 12:58 pm
> *Subject*:Re: [LTER-im-rep] Volunteer needed
>
> I am willing to do this.
>
> Also, remember that I am to make sure all voices are heard. In this regard
> I ask you, besides Fox's notes, did anybody else submit their meeting notes?
>
>  I think Fox'es notes are in a Google doc; wouldn't it be nice to have all
> private ddice n the same place? Do we have some kind of private depository
> for our documents, like the surveys' results and meetings' notes? If not I
> think we should have one.
>
> EDA
>
> Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
> ------------------------------
> *From*:"Philip Tarrant" <philip.tarrant at asu.edu>
> *Date*:Sun, Sep 6, 2015 at 12:39 pm
> *Subject*:[LTER-im-rep] Volunteer needed
>
> Dear colleagues,
>

> As we proceed with the process of selecting a host institution I would
> like to ask for some assistance; specifically for a site rep, whose site is
> not volunteering to be considered as a NIMO host, to administer the
> selection process.  In order to do this you will ideally have access to a
> Surveymonkey account, or similar tool, that you can use to collect the
> choices of each site. Please let me know if you are willing to perform this
> role.
>

> Regards,
>
> *Philip Tarrant*
> *Director, Informatics and Technology | Senior Sustainability Scientist*
> [image: http://sustainability.asu.edu/docs/gios/signature/images/logo.jpg]
> P.O. Box 875402 | Tempe, Arizona | 85287-5402
> PH: 480-727-7860   |   Main: 480-965-2975 | sustainability.asu.edu

*Fox Peterson *
Data Scientist

*Contact Information:*
Work: 541.758.8754 (M-F, 7:30-12:45/13:15-17:30 Pacific)
Personal/Cell: *404.580.5016*, or call via iPhone <1-404-580-5016>
Email: fox at tinybike.net

-- *UNTIL DECEMBER 2015* --
Faculty Research Assistant
Oregon State University
PNW Forest Science Laboratory
Corvallis, Oregon
--

*I am actively seeking career opportunities beginning December, 2015. I am
based in Oregon. My background is in forestry, economics, and data science.

*Curious about our climate? Check out my SUPER SIMPLE meteorological
threshold calculator:*
*isitpossibleonearth.com <http://isitpossibleonearth.com>*

*My husband's Augur Project is very cool; check it out!*

*http://www.augur.net/ <http://www.augur.net/>*