[LTER-im] IMexec and NIMO updates

Corinna Gries cgries at wisc.edu
Thu Oct 29 14:23:42 MDT 2015

Dear all,
I hope you all just saw our e-mail to all-lter with the timeline and parameters for NIMO - let me know if it didn't get through to you. Based on this timeline you can expect many opportunities for input, discussions, and contribution and proposal reading requests.
We do realize that this timeline doesn't leave any overlap for transitioning technologies and functionality from the current LNO to the new NIMO and we will need a lot of help from all IMs to make this transition possible. Of course the NCO will be involved in this transition as well as there are e-mail lists, websites and content moving into their purview.
Right now we are looking for a few IMs to self-identify an interest in reading drafts of the proposal and staying closely engaged in the writing process by providing feedback quickly and frequently. The EB has identified a few members to also read the proposal drafts, so we would mirror their approach in the IM community.
Furthermore we (IMexec in this case) are looking for a few IMs to self-identify an interest in being more actively involved in the transition process. Although, we will need input from everyone at some points, there will be the need for a few to be more active in evaluating all our current NIS products and suggesting options for how to move them forward.

Thanks everyone
IMexec, Corinna and Paul