[LTER-im-rep] [dataone] Announcing DataONE Search: A New Way to Discover Data

Amber E Budden aebudden at dataone.unm.edu
Tue Nov 17 12:48:44 MST 2015

Hi Inigo

I repeated your search teams and also discovered 58 records with apparent
duplicates.  However, looking through the first set (Rawlence et al) I see
that they are actually different records, albeit with the same author list
and repository.  The titles do differ.
In the later records (from LTER), the records share the same title and
authors but have different package numbers.

DataONE Search delivers results from a search against the metadata catalog
hosted by our Coordinating Nodes.  The way that data are packaged (and
appear within the search results) is determined by the individual Members
Nodes. Although the records appear similar, they are distinct within the
Member Node repository and as such appear as separate results.

Hope this helps
Amber