[LTER-im-rep] IMC Watercooler - November

Margaret O'Brien margaret.obrien at ucsb.edu
Mon Nov 9 12:38:28 MST 2015

Hi Inigo -
I agree that the eventual design of the data center is important to all
of us. Keep in mind that there are multiple activities going on
simultaneously -- both long- and short-term transitions are upon us --
and this VTC focuses on the short-term. We have to be able to talk about
just one thing at a time.

Of immediate importance is to know what is running at the UNM-LNO that
we absolutely need in the next 6 months, and how these are being
maintained. That is what most of us refer to as "transition", and what
we should focus on right now.

Some of the current services will need to be incorporated into the data
center, and some into the communications office. Some may be deemed
non-essential. This call should be to highlight where the IMC thinks
each of these should go.

best,
Margaret

Margaret O'Brien