[LTER-hbr_grad] EDI webinar tomorrow 5/18/2021 at 2pm ET: How to publish in EDI.

Mary Martin mary.martin at unh.edu
Mon May 17 18:44:17 PDT 2021

Hubbard Brook Grads,

The Environmental Data Initiative is presenting a webinar tomorrow on
publishing data.
I think this webinar could be helpful and interesting as you collect and
work with Hubbard Brook data. It is also
a good opportunity to 'meet' the folks from EDI - you may work directly
with them in the future, if/when you collect
data beyond the scope of Hubbard Brook. EDI will host a wide range of
environmental data, not just data from LTER sites.

If you do join the webinar via zoom, please add HBR-Grad to your screen
name.

-Mary

  *EDI logo
  <https://environmentaldatainitiative.us14.list-manage.com/track/click?u=c258a774cbd4d34290410d1ea&id=d6cecc9b1f&e=60b7582d7c>**ENVIRONMENTAL
  DATA INITIATIVE*

*https://environmentaldatainitiative.org
<https://environmentaldatainitiative.us14.list-manage.com/track/click?u=c258a774cbd4d34290410d1ea&id=ac289c13a0&e=60b7582d7c>
Follow EDI on Twitter: @EDIdatapackages
<https://environmentaldatainitiative.us14.list-manage.com/track/click?u=c258a774cbd4d34290410d1ea&id=8655e4a8e4&e=60b7582d7c>
and @EDIgotData
<https://environmentaldatainitiative.us14.list-manage.com/track/click?u=c258a774cbd4d34290410d1ea&id=ac99a0795c&e=60b7582d7c>
EDI Office Hours:
<https://environmentaldatainitiative.us14.list-manage.com/track/click?u=c258a774cbd4d34290410d1ea&id=0141eb46d1&e=60b7582d7c>
Wednesdays, 3-4 p.m. ET*

    Webinar Reminder

    How to publish data in the EDI data repository - an overview

*Tuesday, 18 May 2021 at 2 p.m. ET (11 a.m. PT)*
We will give an overview of the workflow of publishing data in the EDI
Data Repository: (1) What is a data repository and how to choose a
suitable repository for your data; (2) Cleaning and organizing datasets
in preparation for publishing them; (3) Describing data with metadata so
others can understand and re-use them; (4) Publishing the data; (5) Cite
and share your data. *Speakers: *Kristin Vanderbilt (EDI) & Susanne
Grossman-Clarke (EDI)
*Find registration and connection information here
<https://environmentaldatainitiative.us14.list-manage.com/track/click?u=c258a774cbd4d34290410d1ea&id=b653fdcbae&e=60b7582d7c>.*

We are looking forward to seeing you at our webinar!
The EDI-Team

        *Upcoming EDI webinars
        <https://environmentaldatainitiative.us14.list-manage.com/track/click?u=c258a774cbd4d34290410d1ea&id=67d8afdba5&e=60b7582d7c>*

  * 6/15/2021: "Updating schema.org metadata for data packages in the
    EDI Data Portal to provide rich semantic information that can be
    utilized by search engines and Google Scholar." Speaker: Mark
    Servilla (EDI)
  * 7/20/2021: "EDI Town Hall"

This email was sent to mary.martin at unh.edu <mailto:mary.martin at unh.edu>
/why did I get this?/
<https://environmentaldatainitiative.us14.list-manage.com/about?u=c258a774cbd4d34290410d1ea&id=da346b264c&e=60b7582d7c&c=28bfd8b4d6>
unsubscribe from this list
<https://environmentaldatainitiative.us14.list-manage.com/unsubscribe?u=c258a774cbd4d34290410d1ea&id=da346b264c&e=60b7582d7c&c=28bfd8b4d6>
update subscription preferences
<https://environmentaldatainitiative.us14.list-manage.com/profile?u=c258a774cbd4d34290410d1ea&id=da346b264c&e=60b7582d7c&c=28bfd8b4d6>

Environmental Data Initiative · Center for Limnology - University of
Wisconsin · 680 North Park Street · Madison, Wisconsin 53706 · USA

Email Marketing Powered by Mailchimp
<http://www.mailchimp.com/email-referral/?utm_source=freemium_newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=referral_marketing&aid=c258a774cbd4d34290410d1ea&afl=1>