[LTER-hbr_grad] Invitation: Hubbard Brook COS meeting April 2017

Mary Martin mary.martin at unh.edu
Tue Mar 21 07:32:10 PDT 2017

Dear Hubbard Brook COS members:

Please find attached the draft agenda for the upcoming April 19, 2017
COS meeting.The overall theme of the meeting is "*Resilience: Theory and
Measurement at the Hubbard Brook Experimental Forest.*" There will be a
brief overview of ideas regarding ecological resilience and how it might
inform our understanding of the Hubbard Brook Ecosystem. However the
main goal is to foster discussion among the community of scientists.

Toward that end we have planned break-out groups to explore the
dimensions and meanings of resilience. We have also listed questions
specific to Hubbard Brook research that are related to the idea of
resilience. If you have questions or topics of interest, please send
them along and we will include them in an updated agenda.

Please RSVP using the link below regarding you plans for the April 19,
2017 COS meeting. Housing information at the Cary Institute follows.

RSVP link: https://goo.gl/zF3Btg
<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__goo.gl_zF3Btg&d=DwMFaQ&c=c6MrceVCY5m5A_KAUkrdoA&r=MFh2AWAPkX8OjEGF4DVna8dQkABhP70hNTqEBsmMib0&m=e2a_hNIbrcGbgn1vauomexi8iHjQSfvgc5Mc8-ArMpw&s=7iZUnUIVXUbYfxHrymtCad8r0EdN6sPgW4QnHMvBu18&e=>

Limited rental housing is available at the Cary Institute for the
Hubbard Brook COS meeting.  To request housing, please fill out and
submit the on-line form
(https://secure.jotformpro.com/form/51685274384969
<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__secure.jotformpro.com_form_51685274384969&d=DwMFaQ&c=c6MrceVCY5m5A_KAUkrdoA&r=MFh2AWAPkX8OjEGF4DVna8dQkABhP70hNTqEBsmMib0&m=e2a_hNIbrcGbgn1vauomexi8iHjQSfvgc5Mc8-ArMpw&s=a75jM53RnHXM64lBGm7YG6GNEoNiAv0D6odaUGm0odw&e=>),
listing Gary Lovett as the host.  If you have questions about housing,
please contact Cassandra Harrison atharrisonc at caryinstitute.org
<mailto:harrisonc at caryinstitute.org>.

Thanks. We are looking forward to an interesting and productive discussion

John Battles and Peter Groffman

--
John J. Battles
UC Berkeley