[LTER-hbr_grad] Turn your HB Data into LTER Data Nuggets for Outreach to K-16

Sanders-Demott, Rebecca rsdemott at bu.edu
Fri Apr 8 11:22:22 MDT 2016

Hi All -

Check out the link below about grad students at KBS LTER working to create "data nuggets" for use as an outreach tool.  Jackie Wilson, who many of you know, from Hubbard Brook Research Foundation has been working toward developing some for Hubbard Brook, but as yet we do not have any online.

http://lter.kbs.msu.edu/2016/04/lter-data-nuggets-breathing-new-life-long-term-data/

Here is the link for the "Data Nugget" program with a template and instructions about how to make your own: http://datanuggets.org/. Note that there are templates for both experimental and long-term monitoring data and they are extremely user-friendly.  I've pasted in a screen shot of page 1 of the basic data template below to give you a sense of what is required.

Think about whether you might be able to work your data up into a similar "data nugget". It's a great opportunity for broader impacts and with the broad network of the HBRF and LTER, it's likely to have an audience!   If you'd like to move forward, contact Jackie Wilson (jwilson at hbresearchfoundation.org<mailto:jwilson at hbresearchfoundation.org>)with questions!

Rebecca

[cid:image001.png at 01D19199.AE520650]
Rebecca Sanders-DeMott
PhD Candidate