[LTER-hbr-im] Coordinates for Valleywide Bird Survey

John Butler jfbutler91 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 27 16:52:30 PDT 2019

Dear Information Manager,

My name is John Butler and I am currently a graduate student in the City
University of New York (CUNY) system at Lehman College studying Geospatial
Information Sciences. I am taking a course named Geostatistics and Spatial
Analytical Concepts and we are required to work on a final project that
would utilize a series of the spatial analyses we have gone over in the
course. I am interested in using the "Valleywide Bird Survey" data to look
into clustering of thrush species in relation to elevation and covertype.
While looking over the data, I noticed that the >300 points for each bird
sighting are mentioned, however the coordinates for each of the points is
not included in the data. Is the coordinate data available?

During the summer of 2012 during my undergraduate degree, I was a
technician collecting data for the Valleywide Bird Survey, and I am very
excited to revisit the data and work with it. Thank you so much and I look
forward to hearing back from you.

Best,
John