[LTER-education] Meeting Reminder and Important Updates

Scott Simon scott.simon at ucsb.edu
Thu Jan 20 13:38:32 PST 2022

Hi All,

A friendly reminder that the Feb. 3, EOC Meeting is just around the corner.

So, check the notes in Drive
https://drive.google.com/drive/u/1/folders/0AHiFZma83lhlUk9PVA
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/drive.google.com/drive/u/1/folders/0AHiFZma83lhlUk9PVA__;!!HXCxUKc!kTRh2ap2jh3MUCsaEkg-WDAUrsaqYWQWEhWL6wl462PNd2K4kE4BRFL7bIJouiK6FQ$>
and
add anything you have!

Important deadlines are coming up!  Most urgent is the 2022 All Scientists'
Meeting - LTER <https://lternet.edu/2022-all-scientists-meeting/>
Workshop tracks | Proposal deadline: February 15, 2022
We have had some good discussions in previous meetings regarding workshops
for the ASM,
so Kara mined the meeting notes and  created a google doc (Link to Planning
doc for ASM 2022
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1kJbbN4O23OOI5Dws9GUbdJZqecvzyN5X9iwWihf3ILE/edit?usp=sharing>)
to share with everyone.
We are still looking for two EOC Members to co-chair the workshop and hope
the notes will inspire you to take up the charge!  We will discuss,
further, on the 3rd, but will need to move quickly to submit a proposal.

Given the ASM deadline, we've decided to modify this month's agenda to
allow time for ASM discussions and will pick up the social justice work in
March.

Additionally, a reminder for this meeting, Jill Haukos (KNZ)
https://lternet.edu/site/konza-prairie-lter/ will ex"plain" the wonderful
work on the Konza! And, Katie Gavenus (NGA) https://nga.lternet.edu will
bring guide us through her work in the way north Pacific waters. She doing
some pretty cool stuff with art and science that "Alaska" 'bout!

Best Regards,

Scott and Kara

--
Scott E. Simon