[LTER-education] LTER All Scientists' Meeting accepting proposals for workshop tracks and other activities

Marty Downs downs at nceas.ucsb.edu
Fri Jan 14 11:21:54 PST 2022

Dear LTER Colleagues--
The LTER Network Office invites you to develop tracks, workshops, and
activities for the LTER All Scientists' Meeting - September 19-23, 2022.

We just opened the *submissions webpage*
<https://lternet.edu/2022-all-scientists-meeting/> and want to call your
attention to a new approach to organizing workshops. This year, we are
accepting proposals for formal "tracks" -- groups of 2-3 workshops which
build momentum, learning, and collaboration around priority themes. We
expect about 50% of the meeting content to be devoted to tracks, so there
is still plenty of opportunity for standalone workshop proposals.

We are also accepting proposals for Wednesday night social events and field
trips -- relying on the energy and creativity of this amazing network to
build the best, most inclusive ASM ever! Please share the webpage widely
and discuss ideas in your sites and committees. The first deadline (for
track proposals) is just one month away!

Looking forward to seeing you all in September.
Marty
---
Marty Downs (she/her)  |  ORCID <https://orcid.org/0000-0003-2833-956X>
Director, LTER Network Office
National Center for Ecological Analysis and Synthesis
University of California - Santa Barbara
https://lternet.edu   |   LTER Zotero
<https://www.zotero.org/groups/2055673/lter_network/library>  |  Twitter
<https://twitter.com/uslter>

617-833-7930 (m)

*~~I sometimes find it convenient to email on nights and weekends. *
*That doesn't mean I expect you to reply during off-hours.~~*