[LTER-education] FW: looking for partners on an AISL proposal - the role of emotions in informal science

O'Connell, Kari Elizabeth Bisbee kari.oconnell at oregonstate.edu
Thu Nov 4 11:23:47 PDT 2021

Hi LTER peeps,

Looking forward to seeing you soon.

I wanted to forward this opportunity to you all to glance at before our meeting. Then if there are any questions, I can try to answer them.

My colleague, Nancy, who gave a presentation to our group about STEM learning ecosystems awhile back, is hoping to find partners who lead multi-day (or residential) programs that take place outside of the classroom (not afterschool programs). Ideally they would be informal in the sense that there would be no grades or school credit involved.  The proposal is focused on immersive learning experiences in the outdoors/nature, so I thought one or more of the LTER sites might be interested.

See below and attached for more information.

Kari