[LTER-education] LTER EOC Meeting Reminder-March, 4, 2021

Scott Simon scott.simon at ucsb.edu
Wed Mar 3 08:54:31 PST 2021

Hello All!

To all of those affected by the Winter weather in recent weeks, I hope you,
family and friends are faring well and thawing out!

It is almost time, once again, for our monthly meeting!  Kara and I are
quite STOKED as March begins a string of months where we'll be having
presenters share with us!  This month...

Focal discussion: Example of collaborative computing and stats at LTER:
Julien Brun (NCO Information Manager) and Alison Horst, 1) LTERdatasets is
the R package that Julien Brun, Alison Horst, and Kristen Gorman have been
working on, based on the success of the Palmer Penguins
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/allisonhorst.github.io/palmerpenguins/articles/intro.html__;!!HXCxUKc!hku2ucsLecJHqTAiXMsfdAYx7NrJkm8XeHabQF2zxAP_Jm2BR_pP1eOGb3fpaBQ$>
R package that has received over 30K downloads already. The idea is to
present samples of larger or more complex datasets (1 per LTER site) for
teaching various R concepts -- all in one package. A team of student
interns is working on this and could use some help identifying especially
fun and/or signature data sets for each site, site-based Information
Managers and Education and Outreach leads can collaborate.

March Running Agenda and February Minutes with the new link.  Please enter
any updates you have.

2021 Running Meeting Notes_LTER Education and Outreach Committee (EOC)
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ibVg4NxXWgzZazfRUDX0AM8cc3UVgv_PZ0kre9irOx4/edit>

LTER Education Committee Conference Call

First Thursday of the Month

3:00-4:00 pm EST

Our ZOOM link is:
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/ucsb.zoom.us/j/520501234__;!!HXCxUKc!kTRh2ap2jh3MUCsaEkg-WDAUrsaqYWQWEhWL6wl462PNd2K4kE4BRFL7bIImnVpZHg$>
https://ucsb.zoom.us/j/92461233272 (updated during June meeting)

If you need to check in via telephone the number is:

+13126266799,,92461233272# (one click for cell phone)

 +1 646 876 9923 (US Toll) or +1 312 626 6799 (US Toll), Meeting ID: 924
6123 3272

The Google Team Drive link is:
https://drive.google.com/drive/u/1/folders/0AHiFZma83lhlUk9PVA
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/drive.google.com/drive/u/1/folders/0AHiFZma83lhlUk9PVA__;!!HXCxUKc!kTRh2ap2jh3MUCsaEkg-WDAUrsaqYWQWEhWL6wl462PNd2K4kE4BRFL7bIJouiK6FQ$>