[LTER-education] January 7, LTER Education Committee Meeting

Caitlin Potter caitlin at umn.edu
Thu Jan 7 13:29:38 PST 2021

CDR is putting in an RET proposal! We have two AWESOME teachers onboard, so
I'm really hopeful we'll get funding.

Best,
Caitlin

On Thu, Jan 7, 2021 at 3:25 PM Haas, Kara <karahaas at msu.edu> wrote:

> Hi all,
>

> A note about RETs!
>

>    1. Host a follow up for the 2020 teachers, Kara, Amanda and Liz should
>       do this soon!!  Objective: to support them in taking a step toward data
>       nugget completion.
>       2. The call for 2021-23 REU/RET supplements, KBS received email on
>       Dec. 8, due Jan. 18
>
> 1.     Link to RET folder
> <https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1bO6Qez6jgFFcJG90_b6Alft2fDfY7adz?usp=sharing>
> – copies of last year’s proposals are here!
>
> 2.     KBS is not planning to submit a proposal this year but in the past
> we have had really good luck working together and creating cross-site
> plans.  I’m happy to help or answer questions anyone has about RET
> supplements!
>

> Be well!
>

> Kara
>

> *Kara Haas *
>
> *Science Education & Outreach Coordinator *
>
> W.K. Kellogg Biological Station
>

> *Doctoral Student **| **Science Education *
>
> Curriculum, Instruction & Teacher Education
>
> Department of Teacher Education | College of Education
>

> *Michigan State University *
>

> karahaas at msu.edu
>
> 269-317-9075 (cell)
>
> @KaraHaaSciEd   <https://twitter.com/KaraHaaSciEd>
>
> #KBSK12
>
> Visit us online! KBS website <https://www.kbs.msu.edu/education/k-12/>,
> Facebook <https://www.facebook.com/KelloggBioStn>, YouTube
> <https://www.youtube.com/user/kelloggbiostn>

Caitlin Barale Potter, Ph.D (she/her/hers)
Education and Community Engagement Coordinator
Cedar Creek Ecosystem Science Reserve, University of Minnesota
Office: 612-301-2602     Website: cedarcreek.umn.edu/ed