[LTER-education] NES-LTER Data Literacy Webinar

Annette Brickley abrickley.edu at gmail.com
Wed Oct 7 14:20:45 PDT 2020

Just wanted to share the announcement for a teacher webinar we're
offering next week to recruit more Data Jam participants. You're welcome to
join us!

Data literacy needs to be scaffolded just like reading literacy.  In this
webinar, we will practice some ways to help your students move from
collecting their own data to analyzing and interpreting larger, online data
collected by scientists. This interactive webinar will use authentic ocean
ecosystems data and will offer 3 different practice strategies and online
techniques to use with your students.

*When: Thu, Oct 15, 3:30 ET*
*Where: Zoom link will be sent with registration
<https://whoi-edu.zoom.us/meeting/register/tJclduyqrT8qH9e0p1Y_acdugT_scJMgKcAJ>
and
a recording of the webinar will be made available to registrants.*
*Who: Recommended for MS and HS science and math teachers*
*How: After registering, you will receive a confirmation email
containing information about joining the meeting.*
*Why: **An outreach program from the NSF-funded NES-LTER
<https://nes-lter.whoi.edu/> Schoolyard to encourage participation in the
Northeast US Ecosystems 2020-21 Data Jam
<https://sites.google.com/view/nes-lter-schoolyard-datajam/home>*

Annette Laursen Brickley (she, her, hers)

NES-LTER <http://nes-lter.whoi.edu> Education & Outreach Coord.
TEMming the Gaps Consulting
Mattapoisett
, MA
207-951-6273 (mobile)
Making data sing so everyone can dance and tell the stories. NES-LTER Data
Jam <https://sites.google.com/view/nes-lter-schoolyard-datajam>