[LTER-education] Fun with Data Science - Andrews LTER featured on OMSI Science at Home

O'Connell, Kari Elizabeth Bisbee kari.oconnell at oregonstate.edu
Mon Dec 14 09:12:01 PST 2020

Dear LTER peeps,

Starting on December 14th, the Andrews Forest LTER site will be featured in the Oregon Museum of Science and Industry's (OMSI)'s Science At Home Weekly, which offers curated, digital content for K-8 students focused on weekly themes.

Check out Fun with Data Science (week 12) at: https://omsi.edu/at-home/weekly-science-activities<https://us-east-2.protection.sophos.com?d=omsi.edu&u=aHR0cHM6Ly9vbXNpLmVkdS9hdC1ob21lL3dlZWtseS1zY2llbmNlLWFjdGl2aXRpZXM=&i=NWI3NzU3NzIyZDVlNDYxNmIxMjU4YmU5&t=UGtKL1NuWVdqdWphUHdxU3JWcVB4RVNCNSs5TnNqaTI5NE5uQzJCRk5zWT0=&h=01c3a27f7f8140ea9f19a7ef6a6696f9>.

The content, which includes a reading, DIY activity, a career connection, and a design challenge is aimed for a K-8 audience but is most appropriate for upper elementary - early high school audiences or anyone with an interest in Long-Term Ecological Research. Once Fun with Data Science is posted on December 14th, it will be available free of charge to anyone with internet access.

We hope you find this resource engaging and inspiration for your own partnerships with informal learning institutions in your community.

We invite you to share this resource with a colleague, friend, or relative.

Best,

Kari Bisbee O'Connell, Ph.D.
Senior Researcher
STEM Research Center