[LTER-education] UMN guidance for online youth programming

Caitlin Potter caitlin at umn.edu
Mon Apr 13 08:27:36 PDT 2020

Hi all,

The University of Minnesota's 'PreCollege' folks sent around this new
policy/guidelines for doing online programming with the K-12 crowd. I've
attached it here. The gist of it is that online K-12 programming is now
allowed, but everything must be registered with the University's online
PreCollege system, participating students must have signed consent forms,
and that there must be a minimum of two adults present on the call. There
are additional guidelines about chat settings, supervision, age and
identification stuff, recording, etc. Thought it might be helpful to share
in light of the conversations on our EOC call earlier in the month!

Best,
Caitlin

--
Caitlin Barale Potter, Ph.D (she/her/hers)
Education and Community Engagement Coordinator