[LTER-education] who leads undergraduate courses and research experiences at your site?

O'Connell, Kari Elizabeth Bisbee kari.oconnell at oregonstate.edu
Mon Mar 5 08:53:16 PST 2018

Dear LTER peeps,

I need your help finding the people at your LTER site who lead undergraduate courses and research experiences for a survey we will be sending out this week for the UFERN<http://ufern.net/> project.

As part of an NSF-funded Research Coordination Networks grant, we are surveying directors, coordinators, and instructors of undergraduate field programs to characterize field experiences for undergraduates across the U.S. This includes extended field courses, geology field camps, research experiences, and other kinds of structured field programs for undergraduates.

In discussion with Marty, we decided not to send this survey out to the entire LTER listserve, but rather to ask you to give us the email addresses (or at least names) of folks at your site who lead extended field courses, geology field camps, research experiences, and other kinds of structured field programs for undergraduates. That way we can send the survey directly to them and provide 2 reminders directly to them.

I would so appreciate getting the names/email addresses by the end of the week.

Thanks! And let me know if you have questions.

Best,

Kari O'Connell, PhD
Senior Researcher
Center for Research on Lifelong STEM Learning

Oregon State University | Gilbert Hall 254
Kari.oconnell at oregonstate.edu<mailto:Kari.oconnell at oregonstate.edu> |541.737.1289
http://stem.oregonstate.edu/