[LTER-education] April EOC meeting

Janice McDonnell mcdonnel at marine.rutgers.edu
Wed May 24 12:22:03 PDT 2017

Hi Liz- We have a year-long program for educators and their students to get them to use our Palmer LTER data.  It starts with a four day PD for educators and culminates in a Student Polar Research Symposium (SPRS) that gets kid asking testable questions with the data and drafting scientific posters.

See workshop information here:
http://polar-ice.org/educator-resources/sci-i-workshops/

See a short video of a Student Research Symposium here - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t5R3weetHNU&feature=youtu.be

We will be writing this up shortly with a “how to” guide over the last year of our NSF grant.

Thanks!
Janice

Janice McDonnell
Science Agent, Department of Youth Development
Rutgers University
71 Dudley Road
New Brunswick, NJ 08901
P: (848) 932 3285