[LTER-edu-rep] New class - creating science videos with your smartphone

Marty Downs downs at nceas.ucsb.edu
Fri Apr 22 14:18:10 MDT 2016

Dear LTER Education/Outreach Folks,

SciFund Challenge, an outreach-focused nonprofit, is running an online
video training class for scientists that may interest you or your
colleagues at LTER sites. Please pass this e-mail along to others you think
may be interested.

Jai Ranganathan, who runs SciFund Challenge, is a dynamic instructor and
he's pulled together an extraordinary team for this class, including
wildlife videographer and photographer Elliot Lowndes
<http://mrlowndes.com/>.  *Registration is only $25*, but the class is
limited to 100 participants, so act soon, if you're interested.

The class runs for five weeks, from May 15 to June 18, 2016 and is intended
for scientists who are new to outreach and to video creation, but would
like to get started with it. Scientists at any level, in any discipline,
are welcome to participate.

Video production often employs a lot of additional equipment, but this
class will focus on shooting great video with the smartphones that we carry
in our pockets and editing with freely available tools.

*The deadline to apply is May 14th*, but SciFund classes usually fill
up quickly.
To learn more, visit: http://bit.ly/1V296KS

Have specific class-related questions? Find Jai at jai at scifund.org

Cheers,