[LTER-diversity] LTER Diversity Call This Afternoon!

Baird, Cora Ann Johnston (caj2dr) coraj at virginia.edu
Tue Sep 21 09:24:50 PDT 2021

Hi DEI folks,
I apologize for the late reminder of today's call.

You can find the agenda here<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1_D1FnCzTofZ6q4r4LxFbrkNbrSQNHERG9o9ZGDsQZ3o/edit#heading=h.vaq7nynbp4z2> and the standing links are appended below.
This month is our full group meeting. Today we'll be focusing on:
What planned DEI actions has your site successfully implemented in the past year or so? Lesson learned; practices worth sharing?
What planned DEI actions have faltered or failed to come to fruition? Lesson learned? Path forward?
Are there patterns that emerge across our sites? How can these inform within and across site conversations?

Zoom link: https://ucsb.zoom.us/j/826568709

Google Drive: https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/0ADLoMoVJ7gTEUk9PVA

Trello Board: https://trello.com/b/eywetYEs/lter-diversity-inclusion-committee

See you all soon,
Cora
Nameer

DEI co-chairs

Cora A. (Johnston) Baird, PhD
Site Director

She/her

E coraj at virginia.edu
P 757.620.7016

University of Virginia
Virginia Coast Reserve LTER
Anheuser-Busch Coastal Research Center
6364 Cliffs Road
Cape Charles, VA 23310

ABCRC: https://www.abcrc.virginia.edu/siteman2/<https://www.abcrc.virginia.edu/siteman2/><https://www.abcrc.virginia.edu/siteman2/>

LTER: www.vcrlter.virginia.edu/home2/<https://www.vcrlter.virginia.edu/home2/>

"Science is the process that takes us from confusion to understanding in a manner that's precise, predictive and reliable - a transformation, for those lucky enough to experience it, that is empowering and emotional.  We must embark on a cultural shift that places science in its rightful place...as an indispensable part of what makes life worth living."   -B. Greene

[University of Virginia]<http://www.virginia.edu/>

[Twitter]<https://twitter.com/WildCora>
A glimpse of life at our station, where we strive to fully support both our scientists' identities and research projects: https://youtu.be/YFtLr8W4JUs