[LTER-diversity] Fwd: Apply for online Facilitating Entering Mentoring workshop (January 24 - 28, 2022)

Marty Downs downs at nceas.ucsb.edu
Wed Oct 13 13:58:47 PDT 2021

Dear LTER Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Committee and REU Coordinators--

Improving mentoring skills and training has been a frequent topic of
conversation among both of these groups, so I wanted to pass along this
opportunity for Entering Mentoring Facilitator training. (Please see the
email below.)

The Entering Mentoring program has had enormous success in increasing
diversity and a sense of belonging in several areas of science. I would
love to see the LTER Network build a strong group of trained facilitators
who could work at their own sites and across the network to up our
mentoring game.

I am exploring whether the LTER Network Office may be able to support a few
registrations. So if you are interested in participating, please:

   1. Let me know so I can gauge the level of interest
   2. Begin the CIMER registration process to hold your "place in line";
   and
   3. Start exploring other sources of funding

Thanks,
Marty
---
Marty Downs (she/her)