[LTER-diversity] Reminder: Monthly DEI Meeting Agenda

Marty Downs downs at nceas.ucsb.edu
Mon Oct 19 23:30:05 PDT 2020

Dear LTER Diversity Committee,
We are scheduled to meet Tuesday, October 20 (today, for most of you) at
Noon Pacific time (3 pm Eastern).

   - Zoom link: https://ucsb.zoom.us/j/826568709
   - Running Agenda/Notes document:
   https://docs.google.com/document/d/1_D1FnCzTofZ6q4r4LxFbrkNbrSQNHERG9o9ZGDsQZ3o/edit#

*Meeting discussion topics:*

   1.

   Calendar of future meeting topics
   1.

       strategic analysis -- strengths, challenges, opportunities, risks
      2.

      Map the landscape -- what organizations do we have relationships
      with, what are they doing? What are the opportunities to join forces? Who
      can we learn from?
      3.

      Can we get real about fellowships? how much money would we need, how
      would we compete them?
      4.

      other ideas?
      2.

   Joint discussion with site PIs? We are starting to plan quarterly PI
   meetings and diversity and inclusion is high on the agenda. What would a
   joint PI/DEI meeting look like? What topics would you want to put on the
   table? How can they contribute to
   3.

   The committee needs a leadership team, duties: Identify topics, chair
   meetings, ensure that notes are taken Please nominate or self-nominate
   before next month.

Look forward to talking,
Marty

--
Marty Downs (she/her/hers - learn more
<https://www.mypronouns.org/what-and-why>) ORCID

 LTERNET.edu <https://twitter.com/USLTER> | LTER Zotero
<https://www.zotero.org/groups/2055673/lter_network/library> | LTER Twitter
<https://twitter.com/USLTER> | LTER YouTube
<https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsyi2-kL_cTcm6FOnek-bRA>

*~ It is sometimes convenient for me to send email on evenings
and weekends. *
*Please do not feel obligated to respond outside of your normal working
hours ~*