[LTER-diversity] LTER Diversity Committee Meeting

Alan Berkowitz berkowitza at caryinstitute.org
Wed Sep 5 06:56:01 PDT 2018

Clarisse and I would like to convene an LTER Diversity Committee meeting
sometime before the All Scientists Meeting in Asilomar. Please complete the
following poll ASAP:

http://whenisgood.net/ztzhbrd

Agenda items include

   1. Go over the plans for REUxLTER and the ASM activities in particular.
   The attached draft schedule shows our current plans, with activities
   "required" of the students in bright green and "strongly encouraged" in
   muted green.
   2. Consider our proposal to use some of the Committee's funds to support
   the REUxLTER ASM program, specifically, a coordinator to work closely with
   the students during the ASM.
   3. Gauge interest and availability in a dinner session with the REUxLTER
   students tentatively scheduled for Monday night, October 1, and then plan
   what we'd actually do at this meeting.
   4. Make plans for the LTER Diversity Committee meeting that will be help
   at the ASM during the Flex Time slot on Tuesday, October 2, 3:30-5:00 PM.
   5. Other business.

Thanks,

Alan and Clarisse