[LTER-commcom] LTER Communications Committee meeting, Thursday, November 18 -- new date

Alexandra Rose alexandra.rose at colorado.edu
Tue Nov 9 11:17:26 PST 2021

Hi All,
I wanted to share a fun update that might have implications for our committee, maybe? Last week I and some colleagues at the CU Natural History Museum hosted a Zoom webinar live streaming from the ice in McMurdo. I can tell you more about it when we meet, but it was really popular, despite only being formally announced a few days beforehand (the logistics of setting up calls from the ice are complicated as well as the scheduling constraints of the limited field crew this year). We had 179 accounts log in, we collected data that showed that many of those represented more than one person watching, and we also got this feedback from some participants:
Please describe what other LTER Programs you would like to learn about...
Glaciers
PAL LTER
Other Polar LTERs
What Antarctica was like before the ice. Also, where Antarctica has continentallly drifted from.
paleontology, earth history, evolution
All
Climate change effect moving climate zones up mountains
Pollinators regenerative gardens native plant gardens reduce green house gases plants to grow inside that produce maximum oxygen
Niwot Ridge
Desert southwest

All of them!
archeological
Whoa - anything... totally interested. Current Native American lands or farming?
Physiological adaptations to cold weather
Climate
Any!
The LTER in Kansas
All of them
I'm actually not sure of what programs LTER have, but I'd love to see more on Antarctica or anything relating to the Arctic.
Basically Antarctica
All!
Biological/Ecological evolution of the Dry Valleys
they are all of interest to me
Try me on any topic!
Where to find recorded zoom sessions
(not familiar)
Any of them, particularly current research updates, but everything out of the Dry Valleys is close too my heart.
Not sure
Interested in all LTER Programs
Antarctica
Any!
N/A
Programs about Antarctica
I registered earlier but never received a zoom link. So apologies for the 2nd registration, just trying to get the zoom info to connect later this evening. Thanks for organizing!!!
None at this time
anything relating to science and anthropology
science and anthropology
solar farms
The Florida Coastal Everglades!
What is available?