[LTER-commcom] FW: Science communication in LTERs - thesis draft review

McOwiti O. Thomas tmcowiti at lternet.edu
Tue Jun 2 15:50:28 MDT 2015

Thank you Marcia. I think she sent copies to all who participated in her
research, and thank you for sharing with the whole committee because some
of the members might not have participated.

Rgds,
mcOwiti

On Tue, Jun 2, 2015 at 10:16 AM, Marcia Nation <Marcia.Nation at asu.edu>
wrote:

>  Communication Committee:
>
>  I know that several of us were interviewed by Laura Bartock for her
> Masters thesis. Here is a copy of her thesis and a link to a presentation
> she made on the findings.
>
>  Looking forward to reconnecting at ASM!
>
>  Marcia
>

>   From: Laura Bartock <lkbartoc at syr.edu>
> Date: Tuesday, June 2, 2015 at 6:30 AM
> To: Marcia Nation <Marcia.Nation at asu.edu>
> Subject: Re: Science communication in LTERs - thesis draft review
>
>     Hi Marcia,
>
>  Thanks so much! Here is the link to the video of my presentation:
> https://youtu.be/hzIIc4DhBJg?t=9m20s
>
>  I'm also working on having my thesis published (open access) through
> ProQuest. The document is still in the process of being reviewed, but I can
> share the link with you when it's ready. I've also attached the PDF of my
> thesis, which you can share if you'd like. Of particular interest to you
> would probably be the third chapter, which is a white paper I've written
> for the LTER administrators.
>
>  Sincerely,
>  Laura
>
>    Laura Bartock
>  SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry
>  MS Student, Environmental Communication and Participatory Processes
>  lkbartoc at syr.edu
> 443-244-1547
>
> On Tue, May 26, 2015 at 7:04 PM, Marcia Nation <Marcia.Nation at asu.edu>
> wrote:
>
>>  Laura:
>>

>> Sorry for the late reply – crazy semester! No worries about
>> confidentiality on my end. I just wanted to say congratulations and wish
>> you well. I look forward to reading your thesis during a more leisurely
>> moment later this summer.
>>

>> Could you please let me know where your presentation is uploaded? I would
>> like to share it with the LTER Communication Committee.
>>

>> All the best,
>>

>> Marcia

Regards,
mcOwiti

McOwiti O. Thomas
Public Information Officer

LTER Network Office, CERIA Bldg. #83, Ste 320
Department of Biology                      Phone: 505.277.2638
MSC03-2020                                 FAX: 505.277.2541
1 University of New Mexico                 Email: tmcowiti at lternet.edu
Albuquerque, NM 87131-0001                 Website: http://www.lternet.edu